Monday, March 29, 2010

2009 Bram Stoker Awards

This week-end, at the World Horror Convention in Brighton, UK, the Horror Writers Association has announced the winners of the 2009 Bram Stoker Awards:

Superior Achievement in a Novel: “Audrey’s Door” by Sarah Langan (Harper)

Superior Achievement in a First Novel: “Damnable” by Hank Schwaeble (Jove)

Superior Achievement in Long Fiction: “The Lucid Dreaming” by Lisa Morton (Bad Moon Books)

Superior Achievement in Short Fiction: “In the Porches of My Ears” by Norman Prentiss (Postscripts #18)

Superior Achievement in an Anthology: “He is Legend: An Anthology Celebrating Richard Matheson” edited by Christopher Conlon (Gauntlet Press)

Superior Achievement in a Collection: “Taste of Tenderlion” by Gene O’Neill (Apex Book Company)

Superior Achievement in Nonfiction: “Writers Workshop of Horror” by Michael Knost (Woodland Press)

Superior Achievement in Poetry: “Chimeric Machines” by Lucy A. Snyder (Creative Guy Publishing)

Congratulations to all the winners!

I had the chance recently to ask some of the nominees for the 2009 Bram Stoker Awards two questions about the nomination and the winning of such an award and you can find the result here on my blog.

2 comments:

Rabid Fox said...

This snuck up on me. I never paid attention to the date of when the awards were to be announced.

Glad to see Sarah Langan and Michael Knost win in their respective categories. I own both books and they're fantastic.

Mihai A. said...

I want to read all the nominated works, but if I will not be able I'll try the winners at least :)